Looks like it would be fun, but it doesn’t seem to keep the cursor centered on linux. I can only look 90deg left/right walking around the lobby, and steering sensitivity in game is unpredictable
Neon Wings: Air Race
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Want to race without the constraints of the ground? Then Neon Wings is your game!
Neon Wings: Air Race is an adrenaline-filled, fast-paced air racing game with a lot of single and multiplayer fun!
The game is mostly inspired by pod racing games, like Star Wars: Episode I Racer, or Ballistics. Also, you can find elements from Blur or the Mario Kart games, cause we want some action beside the speed! :)
The FREE demo includes LAN MULTIPLAYER!
ABOUT THE GAME
Neon Wings: Air Race is an adrenaline-filled fast-paced air racing game packed with a cart-game like skill system, spectacular effects and graphics, innovative gameplay mechanics, and good old fun!
- LAN multiplayer mode (Free to play in the DEMO!)
- 3 axis controled ships! You can move around freely, the sky is the limit!
- 3 game modes: tournament, time trial and single race
- 6 player LAN multiplayer mode
- 7 skillbox type to create more action-packed racing
- 7 awsome music tracks inspired by the 80's
- 10 visual upgrade to the hangar, to personalize it! Here you can walk around your ships to admire them!
- 11 levels - Open environments for taking your own shortcuts
- 12 unique ships with upgrade system
- Different race types as: Rush, Knockout and Elimination
- Crossplatform multiplayer: Windows and Linux support
- Competitive AI with difficulty settings
I started to create Neon Wings because I had too much free time. At first, I just only made some visual concepts. These looked pretty good and I wanted to fly around in it, so I started to create the basics.
Since then SXtheOne joined the team and made a really good AI and several optimizations. With him, we can finish this game probably this year.
KEY REQUEST FOR CREATORS AND INFLUENCERS
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Neon Wings: Air Race v1.02 + Skillnoid supportMay 26, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Did you use a mouse or controller? What would you change on the control? We try to please everyone's needs with the control. Probably there will be some option for that. (this mouse control is the 5th version of it)
How you been you can rotate only 90degs? Can you make a video about it please? That would be a big help. We tested the game with several Linux distribution, but no one reported this kind of bug yet. Soo you are our only source to fix it :)
wow, the game looks so good from the last time I had time to see it in mid-2020. As a racing fanatic more than a Cyberpunk fan, I’m verp happy to see you add on to the small variety of the racing genre, Fubenalvo!
Thank you Jeremy!
Yeah, this was a loooot work since than. We thought creating a racing game will be fast and easy. ...well, that's not :D But finally we are here with the version 1.0 and we can celebrate. The official launch is on this Sunday with a new trailer ;)